The Birth Mag is currently seeking submissions! We want your articles, birth stories, poetry, and more.
We are looking for writing on a wide variety of topics that are relevant to midwives and other birthworkers. Articles and birth stories should be 500-2000 words in length, and have original content (not published anywhere else). Articles should be clear, concise, and reference supporting research as appropriate, including citations. Birth stories and other personal stories are welcome from the perspective of the birthing person, as well as experiences as a birthworker or care provider. Both stories and articles should use gender neutral language unless referencing a specific individual. Assistance with inclusive language is available by request. Proofreading help is also available.
While we welcome submissions on many subjects, here is a list of upcoming topics and themes for those who would like some inspiration:
- Caring for Domestic Violence Survivors (submissions due 10/15/19)
- Placentas (submissions due 11/1/19)
- Body Positive Birthwork (submissions due 11/15/19)
- Postpartum Hemorrhage (submissions due 12/1/19)
- Fertility (submissions due 12/15/19)
- Midwifery Education (submissions due 1/1/20)
- Maternal Mortality (submissions due 1/15/20)
- Lactation (submissions due 2/1/20)
Submissions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a short writer’s bio with all submissions.